My areas of interest include Visual signal processing and Communication systems. I was part of the team developing XVC video codec and Arowana XVC encoder. I was also part of the team working on the HEVC encoders including the open-source x265 and the value-added proprietary UHDkit.
View the details of my Bachelor’s academic projects here.
View the details of my Master’s thesis project here.
- V. V. Menon, H. Amirpour, C. Timmerer, and M. Ghanbari, “Efficient Multi-Encoding Algorithms for HTTP Adaptive Bitrate Streaming,” in 2021 Picture Coding Symposium (PCS), 2021, pp. 86–90. [Link]
- Praveen Kumar Tiwari, Vignesh V Menon, Jayashri Murugan, Jayashree Chandrasekaran, Gopi Satykrishna Akisetty, and Pradeep Ramachandran, (MulticoreWare, Inc.) Sravanthi Kota Venkata, Christopher A Bird, and Kevin Cone, (Intel Corporation), ‘Accelerating x265 with Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512’, Intel Corporation. [Link]
- Vignesh V Menon, Harikrishnan NB, Niveditha CK, Gayathri Narayanan, ‘Comparative Performance Evaluation of Transform coding in Image Pre-processing‘, Proc. SPIE 10420, Ninth International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP 2017), 1042048 (July 21, 2017); doi:10.1117/12.2281796
- Vignesh V Menon, Gayathri Narayanan, ‘Advanced Grain Processing in Image Compression’, International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, Melmaruvathur, India, 2017.
- Harikrishnan NB, Vignesh V Menon, Manoj S Nair, Gayathri Narayanan, ‘Comparative Evaluation of Image Compression Techniques‘, International Conference on Algorithms, Methodology, Models and Applications in Emerging Technologies, Chennai, India, 2017.